Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Getting off track and getting back on

I should officially be halfway through week 4 of P90x already, however I feel like I've just fallen way off track.  Life really just has this way of getting in the way!  I didn't make the time over the weekend to do anything, and I have been so busy the past couple days.  It is incredibly easy to make other things priorities over working out!  I somehow left off week 4 on my printout for keeping track of which workout to do each day.  I skipped right over it, and that has made it easier to skip workouts as well.  After all, I have nothing to go check off when I'm done anyway!  Good excuse right?

Well here's the kicker...I've still lost 12 pounds so far!!  That's right boys and girls!  A few bad days is not getting me down.  I picked back up today with Kenpo-x, and I plan on getting Cardio-x in sometime tomorrow morning before the parade starts and before I go chow down on some yummy Thanksgiving fare.  I feel so much better about myself right now.  After several days in a row of not working out at all, I could tell my mood was terrible and I was incredibly tired.  I was taking it out on Gray and the cookies in the pantry.  With just about an hour of dedicated time for myself, I have done a complete 180 from the last few days.  It is amazing!  

I was a little scared to step on the scale earlier because of those cookies, but thankfully my body and the scale knew I needed a pick-me-up!  The number it displayed was definitely what I needed.  I checked it 2 more times just to make sure the scale wasn't trying to fool me!  I have not been my current weight in nearly 4 years!  

Tomorrow is surely going to be a challenge.  I love my family's cooking on any holiday.  But Thanksgiving is definitely a stand out.  With pumpkin pie, candied sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, creamed corn, homemade rolls....I could go on and on. I want it all!  I just need to make sure I try little bits of everything, and not overeat!  Luckily I will have my sister and her mother-in-law there as motivation.  They have both lost weight recently and are major inspiration! 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment