Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Brownie Heaven

I love to play around with recipes, but every now and then you find a recipe that just knocks your socks off.  No changes required.  This is one of those recipes!  

Photo from Little House Living
http://www.littlehouseliving.com/ooey-gooey-brownies.html
I like to make a lot of things from scratch, but when it comes to brownies I'm normally a go-with-the-box girl.  A box of Betty Crocker fudge brownies is only $1 when you find them on sale, and frankly they are really darn good for that price!  So I never really bothered looking for a good brownie recipe to make from scratch.  It didn't seem worth the trouble.  Until now!


One day I was in a baking mood, but I was out of eggs.  That generally limits baking quite a bit, but I know there are egg free recipes out there so I went looking.  I didn't know what it was I wanted to make, but I just wanted to bake something that day!  Ever get into one of those moods?  As soon as I found this recipe for Ooey Gooey Brownies from Little House Living on Pinterest I had to try it.  It's a simple recipe and very easy because it's egg and dairy free and uses all ingredients I regularly keep on hand.


It's so easy, even the little ones can make it!  I followed the advice at the bottom of the post and doubled the recipe for a 9x13 pan.  The first time making it I was going all out and making a big batch!  And boy, was she right!  They never do last long!



On the outside they might look like any ordinary brownie, but on the inside these are ooey gooey bits of Heaven!  Right out of the oven and still warm they are gooooood, but let them cool a bit and that chocolate flavor develops more and they are great.  On day 2 though, these babies are phenomenal, like lock me in a room with the pan and leave me alone until they're gone!


I discovered this recipe a few months ago and have made it many many times since.  It's quick to whip up when you have surprise guests or anytime you get a chocolate craving.  If you can stand the wait though, make them a day in advance and you will never want boxed brownies again!  Sorry Betty Crocker, but these are my new brownies!

1 comment: