Thursday, January 3, 2013

News for the New Year

If you've noticed, I wasn't blogging much throughout December.  Many of our craft projects last month turned into Christmas gifts, so I'll be working on those posts now that they've been gifted out!  I can't tell you how excited I am about how they all turned out.

I spent a lot of time crocheting last month (Christmas gifts!), but it has really got me eager to start a new line for my Etsy shop.  I wanted to include some crochet when I setup the shop early last year, but I didn't quite have the hang of my stitches back then.  With a lot of practice and a whole lot of YouTube how-to's, I can almost do it with my eyes closed.  Well not really, I just watch a lot of Netflix instead!

For Sale on Etsy
I will be adding pieces to the shop as they're completed, but a couple new doll hats have already been listed.  I love these adorable Blythe sized hats!  I can't wait to make more.  As I get time, I'll also be adding some child and adult size pieces.


I'm not sure yet if I will be adding more art to the shop, although I was just commissioned to recreate my Eye of Jupiter painting that sold last year.  I'm definitely willing to take requests, but I'm probably going to be focusing on the yarn for the time being!

Aside from the shop news, I've also added a new page (look at the nav bar on the left) to the blog called A Photo A Day.  My New Year's resolution is to take a photo every day of something happening in our lives.  I'll post it to the top of the page each day with a short caption.  By the end of the year, I will have an incredible scrapbook of amazing little memories.

Well my work is cut out for me.  The only challenge is finding time to do everything I want to do.  So what are your New Year's Resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment