Saturday, March 9, 2013

Weekend Wishlist


Ready for another round of my weekend wishlist?  I will be after my first cup of coffee.  I find it hard to really be ready for anything until after that first cup.  As I type this I'm sitting here with my favorite cup, Donut Shop Coconut Mocha with sugar-free hazelnut creamer.  I can't have coffee without creamer!

This collection is full of amazing coffee love.  I used a template made by derya-altun on Polyvore.  Then I started looking for my favorite coffee related items.  The tiny coffee cup on the bottom right is a miniature dollhouse coffee cup I'll be picking up for Maddie sometime soon.  I've been working on setting up some "rooms" for her as backdrops for when I'm taking photos for my shop.  Soon I'll have her sitting at a little table drinking her coffee, reading the newspaper, and modeling my newest hats or bows.  She's quite the little multitasker.

The large photo on the top is something I want to try my hand.  I love coffee art and bokeh together.  A good friend of mine recently did her own coffee/bokeh photoshoot and has a canvas print available in her Etsy shop.  Check it out here.  I'm not sure I have the right equipment to get my own amazing bokeh shots just yet, but it's on my to-do list!


Lets Go Out for Coffee

Scarve
beklina.com




Knitted Coffee Cozy Picture & Image | tumblr
luvimages.com




One of these days when we get around to our kitchen remodel, I want to do a coffee theme.  Nothing over the top, but a nice mocha color on the walls, a coffee bar, and some coffee art.  Hopefully by that time I'll be good enough that it will be my art that goes up!  I love the idea of creating our own coffee bar, and that may happen sooner rather than later.  We have a small cabinet/counter area in our kitchen that really only gets used as a catch-all/junk space because it doesn't really have any other good function at the moment.  Turning it into a dedicated coffee space would stop the clutter from piling up there, and who wouldn't want their own coffee bar?

No matter how great your coffee is at home or how awesome your coffee bar is, sometimes you just want to go out for coffee.  At least I do anyway.  I miss Barnie's that used to be in our local mall.  I loved going in there for a Cool Cafe Blues Coffee Cooler or Santa's White Christmas coffee in the winter.  I also love going to Starbuck's for my favorite specialty drinks.  I haven't mastered a no-water Tazo chai or a Pumpkin Spice latte quite like they have.  And believe me, I've tried!!

So what's your favorite type of coffee?  Hot or Iced?  Can you stand it black?  Where do you go to get your favorite coffee drink?  My cup is almost gone now, and I'm thinking it's time for another.  Have a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment